For those students going on Internship, CPD would like to congratulate you! This is the start of an exciting journey for you where you will continue to learn and conquer new challenges. Before you leave campus and transition from a student to an intern, here are a few things you should note.
- Submit your completed CIP Student Contractand Payment Option Form to the CPD office
- Bring a copy of your Offer Letter to the CPD office or email it to us at email@example.com
While on Internship:
Your focus should be on learning as much as you can from your employer. However there are a few housekeeping items that you need to be aware of.
- Review the Key Accountabilities Checklist. This will help you keep track of the CPD deadlines that you are expected to meet while away.
- Update your Work Term Information in OSCARplus within two weeks of starting your internship.
- Complete the Learning Objectives Goals Template and discuss with your supervisor. Submit your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org within six weeks of starting your internship.
- Check your McMaster email on a regular basis. Over the course of your internship, CPD will send out special bulletins that will contain information that you need to know such as key academic dates, special events etc.
- A Relationship Manager will contact you to schedule a site visit during the first 6-7 months of your internship.
If you have any questions or concerns during your internship, please contact us at email@example.com or at 905-525-9140 ext 24611. CPD is here to help and wants you to succeed!
Jackie Garnett is an Associate, Customer Experience and Administration at CPD’s Hamilton location. Jackie is one of the front faces of CPD and is responsible for accounting and administrative duties.
Jackie is a music lover! Her favourite bands include Tragically Hip and Pearl Jam. She also loves to travel especially to warm tropical places.